Today is Budget Advocacy Call-In Day! Please call your legislators today, and push for end of session acts to be passed. Your advocacy is crucial for housing for low-income/homeless throughout WA State!
Call in instructions from Washington Low Income Housing Alliance are below (wliha.org/budgetcall2015) :
“Here is the number to call: (800) 562-6000. The legislative hotline is open from 8:00am to 8:00pm. So don’t wait to call!
Here are the steps:
- When the operator picks up, please tell them you’d like to leave a message for all three of your elected officials.
- Give them your name and home address (so they can send your advocacy message to the correct legislators).
- When prompted for your message to legislators, use this script for all three. [NOTE: Feel free to change the text so it is in your own words and/or change the order of the sentences.]
- Please ensure the final budgets passed by the legislature match the House’s proposed operating and capital budgets.
- Please ensure the final budget raises new revenue and invests at least $110 million in affordable housing.
- Please also fund the Medicaid permanent supportive housing services benefit.
- Thank you for protecting vital safety net programs like HEN, ABD, and SSI Facilitation. The operator will also ask if you want a copy of this message sent to the Governor. We recommend saying yes.
If you want to go the extra mile, you can call your three legislators one-by-one to deliver a personal advocacy message containing the basic top line messages above.”
PLEASE ADVOCATE TODAY!